utoreel’s SCW range of single support cable winders are a compact unit with a surprisingly large handling capacity. They are suitable for any company concerned with the distribution, manufacture and users of cable, wire rope, flexible hose and other similar reel form materials.
The unique design enables a single operator to handle up to a 500 kg drum with ultimate ease and efficiency. Because the shaft is only supported at one end the other end is free for loading and unloading.
A manual linear traversing device and measuring meter are fitted allowing the operator to simultaneously measure and layer the cable neatly, giving an accurate cut and professional appearance to dispatch drums and coils.
A collapsible coiling head is supplied as standard equipment with all SCW machines. These enable the machine to produce bound coils thus alleviating the need for a drum.
• Electronically controlled variable speed motor.
• Hydraulic drum raise/lower.
• Collapsible coiling head.
• Manual linear traversing device.
• LM75 Linear measuring meter.
• Drum axle and collets for most drum types and sizes.
• Electrically Interlocked safety guard.
• Motorized hydraulic pump in place of manual unit.
• Automatic cable layering.
• Cable cutters.
The SCW series may be adapted to suit client’s on-line production applications. The example shown is fitted with a dancer control arm for synchronizing the motor speed with the process line. Automatic cable layering is also included to allow the machine to operate unattended and give a neat appearance to dispatch drums.